JASPER, FL – Today, the Hamilton County Development Authority (HCDA) announced the Commercial Beautification Micro-Grant Program will continue in 2021. The micro-grant program will to provide matching funds to renovate and improve the visual impact of the properties in the county. This grant is available to all retail, commercial and industrial property owners.
“We are grateful to be able to continue to provide this funding to local businesses,” said Chadd Mathis, Executive Director of the HCDA. “Local businesses are the backbone of our economy and this allows us to support their growth while also improving our county’s appearance and sense of place.”
The continuation of the funding is a result of the program’s success since launching. The funds can be used for improvements such as beautification purposes for such things as exterior painting, new awnings, sign improvements, planting shrubs, flowers, trees, etc. Applications will be available at the HCDA’s office.
The funding will focus on projects that will visually enhance the county. The goal of the micro-grants is to help stimulate redevelopment and increase property values while providing safe and attractive environments for workers, businesses and the public overall.
Facts about the Commercial Beautification Micro-Grant Program:
- The application period will run from today through June 30 with grants awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds are encumbered.
- Up to $1,000 is available to any Hamilton County business as a dollar-for-dollar match. Businesses can apply for any amount up to, and including, $1,000.
- The funds can be used for any exterior beautification including plants, trees, shrubs, exterior paint, exterior doors/windows, awnings, etc.
- Once the application is approved, businesses have 90 days to complete the project. Grant awards will be distributed after documentation of project completion is provided including before and after photos.
- If the business leases their property, the property owner must give written approval for most upgrades.
Important Dates & Details:
- Applications are available by emailing Chadd Mathis.
- Applications are currently being accepted.
- Projects have 90 days to complete work in order to be reimbursed.
The micro-grant program was developed as a result of the HCDA’s Strategic Overview and Marketing Plan developed by VisionFirst Advisors which identified key actions to be implemented to better position the County for greater economic development success and prosperity.