Additional funding will help improve visual appearance of area businesses
JASPER, FL – Today, the Hamilton County Development Authority (HCDA) announced an increase in funding for the Commercial Beautification Micro-Grant Program aimed at improving the visual appearance of businesses in Hamilton County. The grant funding has increased to a $2,500 match from the original $1,000 match. The micro-grant program will continue to provide funds to renovate and improve the visual impact of the properties in the county. This grant is available to all retail, commercial and industrial property owners.
Economic Development Director Chadd Mathis is excited to make this increased amount available to $2,500 after he looked at other successful matching grant programs and made the recommendation to the Board. “The goal of the program is to support local business owners and encourage beautification improvements to Hamilton County.”
The increase in funding is a result of the program’s success over the past few years. The funds are used for improvements such as beautification purposes for such things as exterior painting, new awnings, sign improvements, planting shrubs, flowers, trees, etc. Applications will be available at the HCDA’s office.
The funding will focus on projects that will visually enhance the county. Ultimately, the goal of the micro-grants is to help stimulate redevelopment and increase property values while providing safe and attractive environments for workers, businesses and the public overall.
Facts about the Commercial Beautification Micro-Grant Program:
- The application period will run from today through June 30, 2023 with grants awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funds are encumbered.
- Up to $2,500 is available to any Hamilton County business as a dollar-for-dollar match. Businesses can apply for any amount up to, and including, $2,500.
- The funds can be used for any exterior beautification including plants, trees, shrubs, exterior paint, exterior doors/windows, awnings, etc.
- Once the application is approved, businesses have 90 days to complete the project. Grant awards will be distributed after documentation of project completion is provided including before and after photos.
- If the business leases their property, the property owner must give written approval for the upgrades.
Important Dates & Details:
- Applications are available by emailing Chadd Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are currently being accepted.
- Projects have 90 days to complete work in order to be reimbursed.
- Application period closes June 30, 2023.